Schools Focus Group
APPLICATIONS FOR 2024:
Applications for 2024 open 22 January and will be closing 26 February!
The Cycling New Zealand Schools Focus group is for a selected group of school cyclists who, on behalf of their fellow riders, provide feedback and advocate for the continued development of the Schools Cycling programme.
The Focus Group is established by the Cycling New Zealand Schools (CNZS) Executive and is maintained by Cycling New Zealand (CNZ) through their partnership agreement.
The purpose of the Focus Group is to support the continued development of the Schools cycling programme with the following focus.
- To provide feedback on how to increase participation and growth in schools cycling;
- To advocate for cycling as a sport in their school and region;
- To advocate the ‘Balance is better’ philosophy and provide feedback to support the initiative through to Sport NZ;
- To ensure relevant and appropriate information is being provided through the available platforms;
- To help to ensure that a sustainable, suitable and effective range of support and information exists to support student’s continuation in the sport of cycling post school.
Please click here to read the Terms of Reference.
2024 SCHOOL FOCUS GROUP MEMBERS:
2023 SCHOOLS FOCUS GROUP MEMBERS:
The seven students below will be working together in 2023 to help make schools cycling better.
2022 SCHOOLS FOCUS GROUP MEMBERS:
The nine students below will be working together in 2022 to help make schools cycling better.
2021 SCHOOLS FOCUS GROUP MEMBERS:
The eight students below worked together during 2021 to help improve Schools Cycling.